A prepaid card, also known as a prepaid card or money card, has similar benefits to debit cards but is not linked to a bank account. It is a card that you can load with the amount you want, and that you can use freely until the balance is exhausted.
Prepaid card are considered electronic money, that is, “any monetary value stored by electronic or magnetic means that represents a credit on the issuer” (article 1.2. of Law 21/2011, of July 26, on electronic money).
With a MoneyToPay prepaid card you can:
- Make purchases at all merchants in the world that accept Visa (except some highways, parking meters and some car rentals).
- Make online purchases in the safest way, without the need to use your usual card, since, if you want, you can recharge it only with the exact amount.
- Control spending exhaustively, having a limited use by loading money on the card.
- Additional security barrier. In case of loss or fraudulent use, we would limit the loss to the amount recharged at that time
- Check your balance and movements made through CaixaBank Now.
- Recharge the balance once it has been exhausted and dispose of it immediately
- Withdraw cash at ATMs (check the modalities)
1) What types of prepaid card does MoneyToPay sell?
MoneyToPay markets different types of prepaid cards to suit your needs.
- VisaMoney: For your day-to-day or that of yours, for your trips, for your shared apartment, to better control your expenses, or for whatever you want.
- Gift Card: To give on any occasion and get it right for sure!
- Cyber/Wallet: A rechargeable virtual card to make online purchases with the greatest security. Without physical support in which you will have a card number, expiration date and CVV, specifically designed for online purchases.
- Youth Card: for your day to day with the discounts provided in each autonomous community, the age limit of the autonomous community in question will depend.
2) Who can be a MoneyToPay prepaid card holder?
Any person over 18 years of age who is a resident of the Spanish state (with DNI or NIE) can be the holder of a MoneyToPay card.
However, the person who contracts the card service (the cardholder) can request the issuance of cards for himself or for other people. For example, a parent (the holder) can apply for cards for their children over 14 years of age.
3) Is it necessary to have a bank account?
To contract a prepaid card you do not need to have a bank account. Prepaid card top-ups can be made using a debit or credit card (through your CaixaBank Now account or at the entire CaixaBank ATM network) or through CaixaBank Now or CaixaBank Pay.
4) My card has been lost or stolen: how can I cancel it?
You can cancel your MoneyToPay card(s) at any time by calling the toll-free number 900 404 090 or by accessing your CaixaBankNow account and selecting the “Block card” option for the card(s) you need to cancel.
In both cases, you can request the replacement of your cards, which will arrive at the address you indicate within a maximum period of 7 days.
5) Where can I check the movements of my card?
You can check the balance and movements of your card from the CaixaBank ATM network or from CaixaBank Now or from the M2P website www.moneytopay.com in the Check balance section.
6) What can I do to manage my card securely?
Never write down the security credentials associated with your card (PIN) and avoid associating it with any personal data (date of birth, telephone, etc.). It is also important that you never lose sight of the card in the commercial establishments where you buy.
In the event of loss or theft, you can cancel your MoneyToPay card(s) at any time by calling the toll-free number 93 887 25 25 or 900 40 40 90 or by accessing your CaixaBank Now account by selecting the “Block card” option for that card(s). cards that you need to unsubscribe.
Finally, remember that under no circumstances should you top up cards whose numbers have been provided by a stranger.
Remember that if you have questions you can contact us 24 hours a day through our customer service by calling 93 887 25 25 or 900 40 40 90.