Medical Escort visa (MED-2) is given to those who are accompanying a patient. Maximum of two escorts are permitted with a patient. Visa is granted coterminous with the INDIAN MEDICAL ATTENDANT VISA of the patient.
NB: Please ensure that all entries in the online, as well as printed application form, are correct.
NB: a) For visa to be processed, passport should be valid for at least 180 days or more. The passport must have at least two blank pages and should not be mutilated /damaged /tampered in any manner.
b) Registration with Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) is required within 14 days of arrival in India if the stay is more than 180 days.
- Filling up of Online Application Form
- Application to be filled online using the website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
- Complete form carefully to ensure entries such as passport no, name, date of birth etc. are correct.
- Take a printout of completed form.
- Please check the Visa fees at the link: https://www.indianembassyzagreb.gov.in/page/visa-fees/
- Fee is payable only in Cash at the Reception Counter while submitting the application at Embassy of India, Zagreb.
- Visa fee once deposited shall not be refunded.
2. Submission of Application and Documents to Embassy
Submit the following documents either at Embassy of India
- The above printed application forms.
- Fees in cash.
- Two passport size photograph (5 cm x 5 cm) with white background.
- Letter from doctor/hospital certifying the requirement of an attendant in India.
- Documents relating to the medical treatment of patient.
- When applying for Medical Escort Visa, not along with patient, but separately, please also submit photocopy of the passport of the patient, including the page which contains Medical Visa.
- Proof of residence in Croatia.
NB: (a) Before applying to the Embassy, please ensure all the above documents and appropriate fee have been attached with the application.
(b) Acceptance of visa application does not automatically guarantee grant of a visa. The visa application may be accepted, modified and refused by the Embassy in its full right. Decision of the Embassy of India, Zagreb in the matter shall be final.
Document submission time: Monday to INDIAN BUSINESS VISA Friday between 9.00 a.m and 11.30 am (Except holidays).
- Each visa application is processed individually by the Embassy. As a result processing times may vary between applications that appear to be similar.
- Croatian passport holders: If application is complete in all aspects it usually takes 2-3 working days from the date of submission in the Embassy, unless required urgently in critical cases.
3. Collection procedure:
Visa can be collected either personally by the applicant or by third party on presentation of authorisation letter signed by the applicant and with receipt.
Documents collection time: Monday to Friday between 3.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Except holidays).