The most manageable of the Western Desert oases, Bahariya Oasis, and its main city Bawiti provide a prosperity of travel riches. Savour ancient Egyptian tombs, rolling dunes, the scorched-looking Black Desert, golden mummies, Bedouin culture, and the sculptural White Desert, or set out on a classic drive along a momentous caravan route.
Bahariya Oasis is entirely enclosed by high steep slopes. It is ideal to find one of the top travel agencies to get the best Bahariya Oasis tour packages for making your travel cost-effective. Below, I’m going to share the history and some key facts about Bahariya Oasis that you should know.
Bawiti is more than four hours’ determination from Cairo, so it’s valuable planning to devote at least one night tenting (or glamping) in the desert – though some enduring travellers visit as a daytime trip. Most break the determination with a break at the Black Desert, but it’s the progressing dunes near Bahariya and the strangely human-looking vivid white rock developments of the White Desert that will plug your camera roll. Ancient magnetism contains opulently ornamented tombs from around 2,500 years ago and the Golden Mummies, from a hurried Roman-era town.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Bahariya is an inordinate choice for tourists looking for a more dependable desert involvement than the Red Sea resort towns.
- Females will want to dress self-effacingly, casing legs, shoulders, and upper arms with moveable clothing.
- Throughout summer, desert sands can burn. Wear locked shoes.
- Temperatures in the desert can drip astonishingly low at night between late fall and initial spring (November through March). Pack coats.
- Security in the Western Desert has derived into question because of terrorism concerns, according to the US Department of State. Mention your administration’s travel advisories for modern information.
- Bahariya and a lot of Egypt can be stimulating for wheelchair users, for the reason of limited approachability.
How To Get There?
The Bahariya Oasis is in the Western Desert, about a 170-mile (272-kilometre) determination southwest of downtown Cairo. A pair of buses run from Cairo Gateway place to Bawiti but to discover the desert appropriately you’ll want a skilled driver with a 4WD.
When To Get There?
With the exclusion of main Islamic outings, Bahariya is infrequently busy. Late spring (April–May) and initial fall (September to early November) are the best times for camping in the desert, as the nightfall is warm but the days are not too warm.
The Best Western Desert Adventures
Bahariya is an inordinate base for Western Desert safaris, including instantaneous escapades to the spookily beautiful White Desert. You can also cranium further afield, ensuing an ancient caravan route west to the Siwa Oasis with its salt lakes, hot springs, and dramatic “castle” via even slighter desert reimbursements.
Best Outdoor Activities in the Western Desert
- The best outdoor activities in the Western Desert according to travellers are:
- Safari to black and white desert camp out under the moon
- Secluded Day to Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, and camel sunset
- Private trip to Giza pyramids and Sphinx including a sunrise camel ride
- Half-day expedition: Giza pyramids with quad bikes
- 3-Days economical tour in Siwa Oasis from Cairo
Best Art & Culture in the Western Desert
The best art & culture in the Western Desert according to travellers are:
- Cloistered tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Sakkara, and Memphis
- Alexandria day trip from Cairo hotels
- Best Giza day tour with camel ride
- Luxor tour private from Hurghada, Elite trip
- Cairo travel Package For 4 Days 3 Nights
These are some basics, history, and key facts about Bahariya Oasis that you should know. You can find one of the most recognised travel agencies to make your Bahariya Oasis tour memorable and wonderful.